Attracting birds to the balcony or garden can be a rewarding and enriching experience for those who enjoy bird watching. If you want to know how to make your garden or balcony look full of birds, you can follow the suggestions we leave you to attract these beautiful creatures. Actually, attracting birds to the balcony or garden is a really fun task for nature lovers, as birds brighten our day with their beautiful songs.
Having some birds on your balcony or in your garden can make your home a much more charming place. Take note of the tips in this post.
Attracting birds home
There are a few tips to make attracting birds to your home easy. For example, try the following tips.
- Bird feeders: Place bird feeders on the balcony or in the garden. There are different types of feeders, such as seed feeders, nectar (hummingbird) feeders and fruit feeders. Be sure to keep feeders clean and filled regularly to attract birds on a regular basis.
- Water sources: Birds need water for drinking and bathing. Place a water source, such as a small garden fountain or shallow dish with fresh water. Be sure to change the water regularly to keep it clean.
- Plants that attract birds: If you have a garden, consider growing plants that attract birds. Some plants produce fruits that are a natural source of food for them. In addition, flowers and shrubs can be refuges and nesting sites for certain species. Flowering plants, such as daisies, sunflowers and chrysanthemums, are a good choice for attracting birds. In addition, fruit trees, such as apple, peach and apricot trees, can also be very attractive to many species of birds.
- Shelters and nests: Provide natural shelters or nest boxes on the balcony or in the garden for nesting birds. You can buy specific nesting boxes for certain species or make them yourself. The idea is that you provide a safe place for birds to nest. If you have a garden, try placing the nests in trees. In case it is a balcony, place them in a place that is not so close to the movement of people to avoid scaring them away.
- Avoid using pesticides: Pesticides and chemicals can be harmful to birds and other animals. Try to use natural pest control methods and avoid excessive use of chemicals in your garden. One recommendation is to alternate in the garden plants such as rue, which can be insect repellents.
- Offer a variety of foods: Place different types of food to attract a variety of birds. Some birds prefer seeds, while others may prefer nectar, fruits or insects.
Patience and observation
Attracting birds to your garden can be a task of patience and observation. It may take some time, but soon enough you will see the little birds visiting the space you have prepared for them.
Image courtesy of https://pixabay.com, all rights reserved.