Cats are carnivorous animals, which means that their diet must be composed primarily of meat to meet their nutritional needs. However, there are some favorite foods for them and in general they tend to be those that provide them with the energy and nutrients they need to stay healthy and happy.
People who have had cats as pets know that cats in general love to eat, plus they are very special, intelligent and affectionate animals. Remember that in any case it is advisable to have the advice of a specialist such as a veterinarian. He will be able to comment on the best foods to feed your kitten.
Cats’ favorite foods
Some of the preferred cat foods are as follows:
- Meat: Cats love meat, especially fresh and raw meat, although it is not recommended because they could get sick. Meat provides high quality protein, which is essential for the growth, maintenance and repair of their body tissues and that is why they love to eat it.
- Fish: Many cats like fish because its aroma and taste is very attractive to them. However, fish should be offered in moderation, as large quantities can lead to nutritional deficiencies. This is because they could become unbalanced in the diet due to the lack of certain nutrients.
- Poultry: Poultry, such as chicken and turkey, are also delicious for cats and provide important protein and other necessary nutrients.
- Beef and chicken liver: Many cats like liver, whether chicken or beef. This is because liver has an intense odor and flavor. In addition to that, liver is rich in vitamin A and other essential nutrients, so it is a good food for your kitty.
- Wet cat food: Processed cat foods are usually made in such a way that the kitties really like them. This is the case with wet food, which many cats love because of its softer texture and high water content. Wet food also provides variety in the diet and helps keep cats hydrated.
Why they like certain foods
Cats’ preference for certain foods is influenced by their natural instinct as carnivores and their individual preferences. Cats have evolved as hunters and are therefore specially adapted to consume meat. Their diet rich in proteins and animal fats provides them with the necessary energy and helps them maintain good health.
It is important to ensure that your cat’s diet is balanced and suitable for its specific nutritional needs. It is always advisable to consult a veterinarian for advice on the proper diet for your cat, especially if you plan to offer homemade food or a specialized diet.
Finally, be aware that cats enjoy a variety of foods and your kitty may have his or her own hobbies when it comes to food.
Image courtesy of https://pixabay.com/, all rights reserved.