Salmon oil is a dietary supplement commonly given to pets. This is for both dogs and cats, who can take advantage of the health benefits of this supplement. Take note of the advantages for your pet’s health!
It is important to know that salmon oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These are fatty acids that will help maintain your dog’s overall health and can have several benefits.
Benefits of salmon oil for dogs
- Maintains healthy skin and coat. The omega-3 fatty acids contained in salmon oil help maintain healthy skin and a strong, shiny coat. The consumption of this supplement helps to reduce dryness, itching and flaking of the skin. It also strengthens hair follicles.
- Improves joints. The anti-inflammatory properties of this acid will help your furry friend with joint problems. This is because it helps reduce inflammation and pain in them, while improving your dog’s quality of life and mobility.
- Strengthens the immune system. In addition to the above benefits, omega-3 fatty acids strengthen your dog’s immune system. In this way, it will be stronger and protected against diseases.
- Improved cardiovascular health. Your dog’s heart health will benefit from the consumption of salmon oil, as its properties include a reduction in the risk of heart disease, as well as a decrease in blood pressure. It can also help if your dog has cholesterol problems, as it will help regulate levels.
- Aids in mental acuity and cognitive development. Research has shown that the acids contained in this oil are essential for the development of the brain and nervous system. They have also been shown to have positive effects on cognitive function and mental acuity in dogs of all ages.
How to supply it
You can add this vitamin supplement to your dog’s food or you can administer it in liquid form. Another presentation of salmon oil is in capsules, being possible to supply it in a very easy way.
While it is advisable to consult your doctor about the correct dosage, it is also good to buy a good quality product and that its indications state that it is made from wild salmon. This type of salmon is richer in fatty acids and has no pesticide residues.
It may happen that your dog does not like the taste of this supplement, so you will have to start mixing it little by little in his food. This way it will get used to it little by little and you will not have to force it. And of course, you will be able to get the benefits of this oil.
Remember to store it in a cool, dry place. It is not advisable that it receives direct sunlight.
Image courtesy of https://pixabay.com, all rights reserved.